The Smart Way to Buy Before You Sell
Using the innovative "KNOCK" Program through Larry Ackerman at West USA REALTY, you can a Buy a new home BEFORE having to Sell the home you currently own. KNOCK provides you the certainty and comfort of buying the new home you want to move into first, and then you can focus on the sale of your old home.
How it Works:
Unlike traditional home sales, where you can miss out on your dream home while waiting for your current house to sell, the "KNOCK" Program lets you do a "home swap" and gets you out of your current home and into your new home first:
1. Get Pre-approved
First you speak with one of the programs loan acquisition team members and they help to get you fully underwritten for a new home loan including down payment advance so you can start making offers fast.
2. Buy Your New Home First
Next, we go out house hunting and have you put down a winning offer on your dream home and move in right away. You only pay your new mortgage, while we cover your old one.
3. Next - Sell Your Current Home
Last, you have the program pre-pay up to $25,000 towards renovations/repairs to get your current home ready for listing on the open market so it sells fast for top dollar. And then the process is complete!
Why swap your home with the KNOCK Program ?
- Buy a new home without having to sell the old one first, or at the same time.
- Live conveniently in your new home while prepping your old one for sale.
- Close on a new house in half the time (or less) of a typical financed offer.
- Start making offers on homes with your fully pre-approved mortgage.
- Win your dream home with a competitive, non-contingent offer.
- Pay only one mortgage at a time, and never worry about hidden fees.
- Move only once, and save on rent and closing costs.
- Maximize your home equity by selling your listing for full market value.
- Sell for top dollar with up to $25,000 in home prep costs covered upfront.
The Knock Program vs. Other Options
My KNOCK Program Team assists with the entire buying and selling process, from helping you find and finance a new home, to covering home prep costs so you can sell your old house for the best price.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost?
With the KNOCK Program, you purchase your new home before you sell your old house. When you close on your new home, you’ll pay a 1.25% convenience fee (unless you opt to roll this into your mortgage) in addition to regular closing costs. Typically, closing costs include but are not limited to: attorney and escrow fees, lender fees, taxes, insurance, title. You will also pay real estate commissions which will be determined by you and your agent.
When your listing sells, you’ll simply pay us back for monies the lender advanced to you during the "home swap" process, such as:
- Old mortgage payments covered for up to 6 months
- Any home preparation costs the lender advanced on your behalf
- Down payment assistance provided on your new home
With the KNOCK Program , you are provided the resources necessary to seamlessly buy your new home and sell your old one. Here’s how it works:
- We’ll get you fully underwritten for a new home loan including down payment advance so you can start making offers fast.
- Put down a winning offer on your dream home and move in right away. You only pay your new mortgage while we cover your old one.
- We’ll advance up to $25,000 to get your old house ready for listing on the open market so it sells fast and for top dollar—it’s that simple!
With the KNOCK Program, you only have one mortgage payment. You’ll pay the mortgage on your new home, immediately building equity, while the lender helps cover your monthly mortgage payments on your old house, as agreed to in your contracts.
What happens if my house doesn’t sell in 6 months?
Before you buy your new house, the lender will issue a backup offer on your old house that goes into effect after 6 months, so you can rest easy knowing that you are covered—no matter what.
How does the mortgage pre-approval process work?
With the KNOCK Program, participating clients are pre-approved through the underwriting department of the programs lending department prior to finding their new home. This allows Buyers to close faster than traditional mortgage lenders. The Lenders Representative will review the financial information you share with them to let you know exactly how much house you can afford. Most lenders wait to do this until your new house is under contract; but in this case, they do it in advance to give you more buying power so there aren’t any special conditions attached to your offer.